Cross-examined by Mr. W. B. Clode, K, C., (11).

 3321. And that of course, is again tube work, of what you would call the ordinary London type, such as, the Baker Street and Waterloo? --- Yes.

3322. That is the idea of construction that you have in your mind? --- Yes.

3323. Does each of those carry one or two lines? --- Each tube contains one track.

3324. Will you let me have the point of junction with the South Eastern and Chatham; I cannot see exactly where it is from here? --- Will you just explain it shortly so that the shorthand writer can get it?  It will join the South Eastern and Chatham precisely where? --- immediately north of Snow Hill Station there is at present s junction of lines between the South Eastern --- which goes around to Moorgate Street --- and another line ( I do not know whom it belongs) which runs up to Farringdon Street Station. I propose, immediately north again of that junction, to come in with my lines from the Clearing House.

3325. That is sufficient description, I dare say, for my engineer to follow. Will you be up and down in that tube or about the same level? --- There is a considerable drop there, but it is a balanced drop.

3326. You could go down with a rush and come up with a rush? --- Of course you cannot compare the gradients I use on my tube system.

3327. But it approximates to that ideal? --- Yes.

3328. What is that drop? --- The total drop there is about 40 feet.

3329. And it comes up to what level? --- The height of the Clearing House is the same as the height about here  (Indicating) on the rise into Ladgate Hill.

3330. It would be about the same? --- It is not quite balanced ; Ludgate Hill is a little higher.



Comments