Sydney Harbour Bridge Vs Tunnel debate. 26th September 1921 (a)

From the Kearney Files
Sydney September 1821.

KEARNEY HIGH SPEED RAILWAYS

Mr. H. W. Booth writes :---
In my advocacy of the above as sole representative for Australia. I have made reference to Mr. J. Davis, late Under - Secretary for Public Works to N. S. W. Government, and Consulting Engineer in London. The published statement from the Minister of Public Works, Mr. J. Estell, quoting correspondence extracts in which Mr. Davis is alleged to have said that he had not seen Mr. Kearney since he sent his representative out here, and believed Mr. Kearney called at his office one day when he was out and saw his assistant Mr.Street.
This is a flat contradiction to my statement, and I propose to prove to the public that Mr. Davis has been in constant touch with Mr. Kearney, and any statements I have made are perfectly true and correct.
The following are extracts of letters from Mr. Kearney to me :---


Comments