Early Celebrity Endorsement


From the Kearney Files
The Weekly Telegraph Advertisement Supplement Saturday 22nd ,September 1906.

Insight into Elfric's early medical condition, one reason his family left Geelong Australia in 1891.

This one of a number of endorsements by Elfric for the Weidhaas  Treatment over a few years.

Taken from the Beloved News and Derbyshire Telephone May 21st 1909

New Home Treatment for Chest Diseases.
The Kearney High Speed Railway Co Ltd
17 Old Queen Street Westminster S. W.
April 3rd 1905

Before commencing your treatment I was the victim of chronic Asthma and Bronchitis. My case came under the notice of some of the cleverest Physicians of the day both in England and Australia and the unanimous opinion was that my case was absolutely incurable and one of the worst cases known to the faculty. I underwent operations at the age of twelve but these only made me worse than before and up to the age of twenty I became a martyr to the most violent attacks of Asthma and Bronchitis which it is possible without actually killing.
Then it was that I first tried the Weidhaas Treatment and was overjoyed to find that I became very much better after a few weeks. Before the treatment I never passed a single day without at least one bad attack of Asthma which usually occured in the early morning; but soon I noticed that these attacks were getting less violent until at last I used to have several mornings on which I would wake up and find myself well. This was marvelous to me at the time and has proved to be the beginning of the end of my sufferings.
 I have not at the age of 24, long ceased to be troubled with attacks of Bronchitis or Asthma and am enjoying perfect and vigorous health.
As an instance of the health I am now in I may mention that in the All England Hill - Climbing Championships (bicycles) held at Westerham on June 11th 1904 I came eighth out of 54 competitors thus winning a certificate for perhaps one of the stiffest physical tests an athlete is ever called on to undergo.

The Irish Independent Monday October 25th 1909

Great Scientific Revolution
Cure at last found for Chest Diseases that no Medicine can cure.

Specially written account of remarkable scientific achievement, which will interest every sufferer from chest or lung troubles.

Mr. Kearney the inventor of the Kearney High Speed Railway writes :-

" I hope that your institute which has done so much good for mankind because I feel some of it will be still more famous and successful. It will be a pleasure to me to recommend your treatment at all times and I will certainly send you the names and addresses of people who require your procedures as I come to know of them.
Whatever success it will no doubt what so be to your credit on being the only man who has recalled to me that condition of robust health which is essential to arriving at the goal we are all striving.

Comments