Engineer praises service given by new Morris


From the Kearney Files
Sunday Times (Sydney N. S. W.) Sunday October 9th 1927

The following letter was received by Morris Motors Ltd England from Mr. E. W. Chalmers Kearney,( M. I. Struct E ) Engineer and the Managing Director of the Kearney High Speed Tube Railway Co, Ltd and  Kearney Railway  Construction Co. Ltd, one of the foremost Engineers in Great Britain.
" I have driven many makes of car from the most expensive downwards. I have never driven a car which has afforded me so much pleasure and satisfaction as the Morris Oxford Saloon which I purchased recently. It's engine is a wonderful production and has the purr of a six cylinder. It was run over 2000 miles in the past month without the slightest hitch. The petrol consumption is about 30 miles to the gallon and still improving. It has climbed several of the high passes of the Pennines and been driven with full load over tracks as bad as I can remember in America and Australia. Anywhere s car can go a Morris will. The simplicity general excellence and service of the Morris car put this truly British production in the premier place of the world's motor's".

Comments